HawaiiGrades: Pre K- 12
Laupahoehoe Community Public Charter School is preparing to open for the 2012-2013 transition School Year. Laupahoehoe Community Public Charter School is operated by Director, Dr. David Rizor, who is working on the budgets, curriculum and compliant with the requirements of several government agencies, among other tasks. Laupahoehoe Community Public Charter School is actively seeking students and is open to all. Laupahoehoe Community Public Charter School’s mission is to emphasize hands-on learning and academic success where every student is known and valued, using community partnerships and resources while instilling traditional cultural values.
Laupahoehoe Community Public Charter School’s vision is to provide an extremely high quality public education for students kindergarten through 12th grade, characterized by experiential learning in a values-based environment, intimately connected to the community from which it springs.
Our School will be a place where:
- our community values of aloha and respect for diversity are the defining characteristics
- hands-on project-based learning coupled with rigorous academic work have meaningful consequences for our local and global community
- partnerships offer students unique learning and service opportunities
- individual responsibility and institutional accountability are the norm
- students observe adults learning and developing
- diverse academic and extracurricular opportunities support "whole person" growth and fuel students' natural love of learning
- each student is known, and appreciated for their individual capabilities
- decisions are evidence-based and transparent
- parents and community members are welcome on campus, and meaningfully involved in school governance and other activities